Thursday, June 22, 2006

2004 all over again????

We are now at .500 after losing to the Rays in St. Pete today.

We have now lost 15 of 17.

I have been on three different message boards saying we need to make a run for a pennant.

At the rate we are going we will be lucky to finish the season at .500. But then again, we are in the NL West. That very well might be good enough FOR the pennant.

Why even have Major League Baseball in Phoenix if we cannot build a team which contends each year for a pennant? And come to the field ready to go toe to toe with the elite in the NL Central or NL East?

1. Does management know anything about baseball at all???? In 1998 Colangelo hired Showalter to get a baseball guy in here to get the franchise going. Then Bob Brenly used guys Showalter and Joe Jr. assembled and won the WS.

Can someone tell me what happened? I love Jerry but I was not in favor of Showalter OR Brenly getting fired when those firings happened.

2. I am beginning to understand what it means to suffer through losing seasons while talent develops in the minor leagues. I am torn between trading a couple of prospects for people who can get us over the top - or just waiting for the Baby Backs to develop and making a run in 2007...2008...2009...

When I expressed my frustration over waiting for a winner on another forum, you want to know what one response was? I'm paraphrasing here but...

"Maybe you need to stop following baseball."

WTF?????

Should the Diamondbacks - and their fans - just roll over, accept a team that plays worse than the Cubs - even with Kerry Wood - and just come to Chase Field to see the opposing team score 20 runs on us while THEIR fans chant THEIR cheers wearing THEIR colors???? And root for a silly-looking big cup of Pepsi in our Taco Bell version of the Brewers Sausage Race??? Introduced by a SPOKESMODEL?????? What is a SPOKESMODEL doing at a BASEBALL game??????

But I digress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home